Dermal fillers are commonly used in cosmetic procedures to restore volume and enhance facial features. Most common type of fillers are hyaluronic acid based and they can be fully reversed with help of injectable enzyme hyaluronidase . Here are some of the common reasons when dermal fillers need to be dissolve:
- Dissatisfaction with results: Sometimes, individuals may be unhappy with the outcome of their dermal filler treatment. This could be due to overcorrection, asymmetry, or simply not achieving the desired aesthetic result. Dissolving the filler allows for adjustments or correction of these issues.
- Complications or adverse reactions: While dermal fillers are generally safe, there can be rare cases of complications or adverse reactions. These may include infections, granulomas (inflammatory nodules), lumps, excessive swelling, or allergic reactions. Dissolving the filler can be necessary to alleviate these issues and restore the skin’s natural state.
- Changes in aesthetic appearance over time. Although hyaluronic acid based fillers suppose naturally break down over the period of 12-18 months in reality it is not always the case . It can depends on many factors : your body ability to break down the product , product manufacturing process as well as product placement .As our face still age the results of old placed filler may be no longer desirable , age appropriate or satisfactory . In such cases, dissolving the filler is a way to revert to the natural appearance.
- Correction of mistakes or botched procedures: In rare cases, inexperienced injectors or improper techniques can lead to undesirable outcomes or uneven distribution of the filler. Dissolving the filler can help correct mistakes or botched procedures by starting fresh or allowing an experienced professional to re-administer the filler.
- Preparation for other treatments or changing your clinic and practitioner : Sometimes if you feel that you don’t achieve desired results with dermal fillers treatments if can be the case that you need a different options or different types of fillers or different practitioner . When you need to start again sometimes it will be advisable to dissolve the old filler to make sure you get aesthetically pleasant results that meets your expectations .
It’s important to note that the decision to dissolve dermal fillers should be made in consultation with a qualified healthcare professional or an experienced injector who can assess the specific situation and provide appropriate guidance.
On before and after photos in this article we first dissolved old fillers around the eyes and lips, that was placed at the other clinic over 3 years ago. Sometimes incorrectly placed or wring product choice can make you look older and more tired . After two weeks we retreated patient , addressing following areas : cheeks, chin, jaw line and lips . We think this beautiful patients looks absolutely fabulous after her treatment .